Monday, March 5, 2012

Ole!

So you know I was laid off.

I can't lie. I was super scared. I cried. Hard. I was worried I wouldn't know what I would do with myself. Honestly, much of my self-worth was tied up in my profession -- at least much more than I ever thought.

But after five months of being unemployed, I must say, I am truly happy. I've been able to share more moments with friends and family without guilt. Or best of all, without having to rush back to work!

As one of my dearest friends recently told me, "I like unemployed D. Not that you weren't a great friend before, but you're a much better friend now. You're just...present."

She was right. I am. I'm living in the now daily. I appreciate my home, sunny days with the windows open and tequila happy hours with my girls. Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment