Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I Can't Straighten My Arms

So I told you I went to a pole dance class on Saturday, right? I've been to a few before, so I knew what I was getting into. But this time, I decided to go to a new gym.

I don't know what I walked into! Where my old class was taught by a Cirque du Soleil-trained dancer, this class was taught by Brenda of the Boom Boom Room. That little white girl was poppin' it like she grew up in the heart Miami. Like her parents were Jamaican. Like her favorite lullaby was "Shake What Yo Mamma Gave Ya!!"

I learned moves that they didn't even teach at my Historically Black College. While I'm excited that I've finally learned how to "left cheek/right cheek," I don't quite know what to do with my newfound knowledge. What's worse is the class was mixed with beginners and near pros. So while I was struggling to hold on to the pole, someone was in front of me ready to collect tips!

Gifted GIF - Gifted
See that girl in the back just holding on to the pole and jumping up and down? That's what I do best.

Ya'll pray for me. I gotta go practice my new skills.

Holla!

3 comments:

  1. Ok..I'm coming out of lurker-mode. This post right HERE made me howl!! A for real LOL. I think I might be the girl in the background, too. OMG...this gave me the laugh of the night!!! ~TDB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why was I staring entranced at that GIF you posted for like 5 minutes wondering why I was not blessed with upper arm strength? How do you make a pole look like a fun ride??

    ReplyDelete
  3. TDB, Glad you came out of lurker mode, and happy I could make you howl! It was serious. My issues are real!

    And yes, Kellye, that chica is for real. One day, I'mma stop holding on to the pole and jumping up and down. We'll see!

    Thanks for reading/posting!

    ReplyDelete