Thursday, March 8, 2012

SAD - Rainy Day Blues

Me and rainy days just do NOT get along!

It's like as soon as the sun dips behind a cloud, my mood just darkens too. I get sleepy immediately. No matter how well I slept the night before. I can trudge through the day with hopes that the following day will be sunny.

But if it's rainy for days straight? Oh no. It's not going to work. You know how Jesus rose on the third day? Well on the third day of rain I'm yelling "Crucify me! Crucify me!" I just wanna crawl into a hole and never come out. I start crying at commercials. Bawling at the slightest tease. Hugging strangers' babies. Es no bueno!

I've never been officially diagnosed with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), but I totally believe I have it. It's one of the reasons I keep my home looking like Jamaica. No matter what the sun is doing outside, I have eternal sunshine in my home. It helps a bit. But sometimes, the only cure is to wait for the sun to come back out, and then soak it up for all its worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment