Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What Would Sabrina Soto Do? (WWSSD)

I am obsessed with HGTV. Like OBSESSED. I could watch it all day, every day. When my guy friend teased me, I explained that it's like my SportsCenter. It doesn't matter that they say the same things over and over again. It doesn't matter that they run the same clips. I MUST watch it.

Because of my incessant watching, I realized that I am handy. I can decorate and remodel my house anytime I want. And, no joke, I'm actually pretty good! Hey! I said no joke!

I am great with paint. I have at least five different paint colors in my house. Wait, no, six. My sister says my living room looks like Jamaica. She's got a point. It's bright yellow and bright orange and accented with lime green. I'm not afraid of color you see. Power tools, are a total different story though.

Recently, I had a crisis. My closet collapsed. It just gave up the ghost. All the clothes landed on the floor, and my poor closet system just hung limply from the wall. It looked like it fainted after a really good good Holy Ghost shout. I didn't know whether to lift it up, or sprinkle it with oil and pray.

So, I studied the issue and asked myself that all important question: "What Would Sabrina Soto Do?" See, Sabrina believes in me. She knows I can do anything I put my mind to! All I need is some power tools and a plan.

So I went to Home Depot and bought myself a drill, screwdriver and some closet brackets. I removed the old hardware, put on the new, hung my clothes up, and walked out the room feeling good and proud of myself. Just as I went to put up the drill, I heard a loud crash. I walk back in the closet, and not only has the entire shelf fallen again, but now, my pretty new bracket has gone THROUGH the wall! I got a 4-inch hole in my closet wall!!

At this point, I'm thinking, maybe Sabrina Soto wants me to hire professional help.

No comments:

Post a Comment