Saturday, March 10, 2012

I Ain't Skurred!

I had an exciting day ahead. First a pole dancing class (that's a post for another day), then a movie, and a late lunch with some really cool peeps.

I finish up my class, open the door to the studio, and get ready to head to my car. But something is wrong. It's raining! And it's that steady, driving rain. That, "Oooh, I wish I was home snuggling" type of rain. I stood in the vestibule for a minute, realizing that I didn't have an umbrella or a jacket to put over my head.

And then it hit me. I can just WALK out in the rain! I forgot! I'm natural now! Joy! I don't have to panic. No need to try to shield a relaxed 'do from its only source of kryptonite. I can actually walk to my car. Even if my cute little fro gets wet, it will stay a fro! Who knew!

I felt like I knocked Joe Frazier down in the first round! I've been scared of the effects of water and rain on my head for 30+ years! Think I'm exaggerating? Ask the next black girl you meet if she will just walk in the rain for no reason. Go head. I'll wait.

"Oh no you didn't!"
Yeah. See. Shanaynay isn't even a real woman, and she understands!

I walked to the car, jumped in, and checked the rearview. Just as I thought, I was still the hotness. Fro still in tact! I ain't skurred of no rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment