Monday, March 5, 2012

SNAP SNAP!!

Girlllll...I'm on food stamps. Food stamps. Me! Professional diva! SNAP card recipient.

OMG! This is the BEST thing EVER! I get so excited on the first of the month. I get to go to the store and pick out the food I want and then I buy it. For free! OMG!

Food stamps were the most embarrassing, yet greatest come up in my new situation. I literally cried in the checkout line at Tom Thumb when I went shopping the first time. (By the way, I totally dressed "down" and went almost near closing so no one would know I was using a SNAP card.) But my checkout girl was so cool. She let me know there was nothing to be ashamed of, then hooked me up with all kinds of coupons to boot! Joy!

Since that day, I cry no more! I am able to buy really great, fresh produce. (Why is fruit so ding dang expensive?!) I'm cooking more. And generally enjoying food lately. Interesting, huh? I'm also on a quest to become an extreme couponer like those people on that TLC show. I saved $20 on a recent shopping trip and literally danced a jig! A jig I tell you!! 


Yeah. Picture me rollin! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment